Friday, April 16, 2010

It happens only in India...:)

I have been so lazy these days even to write a post in my blog...It seems i m in a hibernation.
But just realised WTH i m doing & thought i will break it today any how.So here it is...

Well lot of things i have seen which probably can happen in India.One of the incident i m putting it down here.
Recently i went to the regional passport office to add spouse name in the passport.I reached there by 7:30am...its so early for me coz i woke up by 6:00am(it was like midnght :))I saw a big long queue & people waiting for the office to be opened by 9:30am.So i thought what i will do...i didn't get any realistic idea to escape from the queue to finish my work early.i just came out of the line & was wondering what to do??In the meanwhile i have noticed few policemen stading out to control the crowd.The queue started to get long longer & longest..((: I have enquired the police how long it will take & they said it will take atleast 3 hrs to reach the tocken counter where you have to collect the tocken to get inside the office.But then he asked we can make it a bit easy...i wondered HOW???The policemen asked me to follow him & i noticed he took me to the front of the queue(it was not ideal straight queue ,its in the form of a circle arround the office)and he made me sit after 5 people ...so it means i would get a tocken no 6.WOW...Amazing!!!
But wait instead of that he told me to give 500 RS/- BRIBE???And that too not openly..they hv(policemen)put some packets to reserve the seats & when i went to return it back ,he asked me to kept the 500 rs note inside ...

Finally i entered inside the office .In my application form they have put the tocken & there was a time given on it..9:30 am..It was already 9:30am but all the counters were empty.After 10mins of time the govt employees came & took their seat.
How Punctual they are!!!:P

I moved from one counter to another to finish my work...

counter 1:staple u r forms
counter 2:Verification with original documents
counter 3:rechecking all the documnets
counter 4:submission of form
counter 5:pay the fees

P.S:I need to paste my photograph on the application form which i didn't do & i asked for the glue to the madam sitting in a counter for pinning the files...she politely replied "I hvn't opened a Stationary shop for u"..
LOLZZ...I wondered WHT an ATTITUDE!!!hmmm..govt employees..
Any how i got the gum though from somebody else.

Finally i came out of the office aftr 2hrs of struggle in the queue(tho i hv paide 500 rs to get Tocken no 6) and 2hrs inside the office & conters.I took a breather and said "....It Happens Only in INdia.

No comments: