Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The night is Dark on the Other Side

We begin this Year with dampened enthusiasm and dented optimism. Our happiness is diluted and our peace is threatened by the financial illness that has infected our families, organizations and nations. Everyday in the news, I seem to be hearing about all of the tough times everyone is going through with the economy. I heard about a man who massacred his whole family then went on to commit suicide because both he and his wife lost their jobs. The US is going through some economic tough times and its affecting everyone at some level.

Once upon a time, I was strolling along side the sidewalk and saw the grass.The grass looked muddy, dark, and brown like it hadn't been taken care of.

The next day, I took the same stroll again but I saw a different shade.It was green and lush, perfectly trimmed. It must have been the landscapers who came.

Once upon a time, I saw a fish. There were a lot of them swimming around in the pond, but unfortunately I looked at the bottom and I saw a few that weren't moving at all. What diseases did they catch, I wondered. I hope that more don't start to die as well.

The next day, I looked into the pond again and saw little tiny fishes swimming around. Birth! I couldn't believe it!

Sometimes, you may cry. may be upset and you didn't feel worthy. But you wish u would be understood and supported, but that wasn't.

So you see the day may be dark, unmoving, or upsetting today. Experience it and feel it while it's here because it may not be so tomorrow. The next day, may be much better. A miracle can be showed up, and welcome it with open arms.

3 comments:

Prashanti :) said...

so very right !!!!!! a miracle can happen any time and then the good times are appreciated more only when we have seen the bad time s..

Anonymous said...

No new posts from you Jay, why ?
Got married or engaged ?? so got busy, huh ?? :-)

Take time to write. Keep the good work. Waiting to read good articles from you :-)

Cheers.

jayasree said...

Ya...got married,so was busy.Will update it asap...:))